Operating, Running and Supporting HP Data Protector 9
This book was written to help backup operators and also to help sysadmins for whom backup is a part of their job. It covers nearly everything that you need to know to maintain an existing Data Protector installation.
This book was designed as a one-stop reference which can be given to staff when they start, so that they can ask the right questions to be productive from day one. It can be read as a self-paced guide, or it can be used as part of a short 1-day course (slides available separately).
- What a cell manager is; what an installation server is
- How to install a Data Protector console
- Using Manager.exe and what different connection error messages mean
- Monitoring backup sessions
- Reviewing backup history
- Responding to day-to-day issues (mount requests, errors, tape busy)
- Formatting tapes
- Logging a support call with HP and collecting debug logs
- Restoring filesystems
- Restoring sessions
- Restoring individual files
- Restoring virtual machines
- Restoring individual files from virtual machines using the VMware granular recovery extension
Buying this PDF entitles you to make a print copy for work and one for home.